The Sustainable Banking Network (SBN) is a unique, voluntary community of financial sector regulatory agencies and banking associations from emerging markets committed to advancing sustainable finance in line with international good practice. It is a platform for knowledge sharing and capacity building that facilitates the mobilization of practical support for members to design and implement national sustainable finance policies and principles.
The 41 member-countries represent US$43 trillion (86 percent) of the total banking assets in emerging markets. SBN members are committed to moving their financial sectors towards sustainability, with the twin goals of improved Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risk management (including disclosure of climate risks) and increased capital flows to activities with positive climate impact.
Members confirmed SBN’s unique strengths:
● a uniquely emerging market focus
● a public private partnership between financial regulations and banking associations
● a commitment to practical peer learning and support between members
● the collective development of insightful thought leadership
● access to regional/country-level in-depth technical assistance
● support from IFC through its globally dispersed network of offices
Member-led thematic working groups:
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is the Secretariat and technical advisor to SBN.
Email us! email@example.com
Follow us! SBN LinkedIn