The Sustainable Banking Network (SBN) is open to emerging market financial regulatory bodies and industry associations that are committed to develop, implement and evaluate sustainable finance regulations, guidelines, and related policy actions.
While SBN membership does not constitute any legal or financial obligation to undertake regulatory actions, members are required to:
● Demonstrate progress in advancing a sustainable-finance-policy enabling environment within a two-year timeframe. This could start with awareness raising, stakeholder engagement and consultation, and capacity building.
● Participate in and contribute to the measurement research for the biennial Global and Country Progress Reports, based on an agreed-upon measurement framework and tools by members for benchmarking country progress and strategies in sustainable finance. Please reference the 2nd Global and Country Progress Reports.
● Participate in SBN Working Groups and contribute to collective knowledge products and events.
Eligible institutions can apply for joining the SBN by taking the following steps:
● An official letter from the Governor or Head of the institution for the membership application to the SBN Secretariat Chair. This letter describes the motivations for joining the SBN and the commitment to meet the membership requirements mentioned above.
● SBN Secretariat will review the application based on membership requirements. Upon approval, a membership confirmation letter from the SBN Secretariat Chair will be sent to the Governor or Head of the potential member institution.
● Once the membership process is completed, the new member will be asked to appoint its focal point and representatives in the relevant SBN Working Groups.
For any inquiries, please contact the SBN Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
More about SBN members.