Financial regulators and banking associations from the emerging markets apply for joining the SBN in compliance with the following procedure:
· The submission of an official request from the Governor or Head of institution for membership application to the SBN Chair, copy the Secretariat. This request describes the motivations for joining the SBN and the commitment to meet the membership requirements mentioned below.
· The Secretariat reviews the application. Once approved, the SBN Chair will send a confirmation letter to the Governor or Head of institution who will be asked to appoint a representative(s) as the focal point and in the relevant working groups.
· Commitment to policy or market-based actions to advance sustainable finance: While SBN membership does not constitute any legal or financial obligation to undertake regulatory actions, members are expected to demonstrate progress in advancing sustainable finance policy enabling environment within a two-year timeframe upon joining.
· Members commit to participate in and contribute to the regular measurement research to track the collective progress of members and share experience.
· Commitment to peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and learning including contribution to the development of SBN technical resources to members and participation in working groups.
SBN Secretariat: SBN_Secretariat@ifc.org